- Clean the lint screen after EVERY load.
- Do not run your dryer while you are asleep or away from your home.
- Do not run your dryer without a lint filter.
- Avoid drying materials such as rubber, plastic, or foam.
- Keep the lint filter and the vent clean and clear of lint and any other obstructions.
- Do not dry rags or towels used to clean up chemicals, gasoline, or oil.
- Keep the area around the dryer free of boxes, newspapers, or anything else flammable.
- Conduct periodic inspections and cleaning of the duct hose and vent, ensuring they remain free
- of all obstructions and that airflow is not restricted.
- Have your dryer professionally cleaned a minimum of once a year.
Dryer Vent Doctor specializes in dryer vent cleaning, dryer vent repair and dryer vent installation in the Metro Atlanta area. 100% money back guarantee! We are the best! Call 404.901.4412.
Saturday, April 27, 2013
Ways to help prevent a dryer fire: